Topic-icon COVID-19 Updates about the Con

• ScketreWhisp
  • ScketreWhisp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #1127 by ScketreWhisp
COVID-19 Updates about the Con was created by ScketreWhisp
I will start emailing various people tomorrow to get things lined up for the Con, be it physical, virtual or both. If you are not aware, the State of Texas is opening at 25% capacity for most business starting May1 and this is in place until May 18... so things will be accessed and possibly adjusted. If things go well, the Con will happen at the hotel, though I am sure the attendance will be closer to 100.... something to know before you decide to come to the Con if it happens... the Gov of Texas is mandating 14 day self quarantine if you come from specific cities or states as follows: States: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, Washington. Cities: Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Detroit, Michigan; Miami, Florida... the quarantine reads if you fly in from these cities, but I wouldn't want to have these cities on my Drivers License since that might come into play... so I will guess anyone from those areas isn't going to leave 2 weeks early to make the Con... I don't want ANYONE to come to the Con that is concerned about getting sick... it's not worth the risk. We will only have the Con if it isn't cancelled by the state or local government since we have a contract with the hotel. We'll be asking people if they plan to run their games online if not attending, if times will remain the same, what platform they'll run them on, etc... we will setup virtual rooms to move these games into so everyone will know what is where.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coldsteal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ScketreWhisp
  • ScketreWhisp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
5 months 1 week ago #1128 by ScketreWhisp
Replied by ScketreWhisp on topic COVID-19 Updates about the Con
I sent this email notification as a News Update through the TTE website, if you have a badge, you should have received it... and by default the notification option IS enabled, but if you've disabled it at any time in the past, you won't or didn't get it:

The purpose of this notification is to ask everyone currently signed up for the Con to send ME an email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to let me know as soon as you know if you are attending in person or not. I also need to know if you are wanting to roll your registration over to 2021, or do you want to donate the registration to the Con as we will have expenses this year no matter what. Also, if you were running a game at the Con and won't be coming, would you still like to run your games virtually, during the same times & dates and what platform would you be using (Zoom, Discord, Roll 20 etc). Once I have more info, I will start creating virtual rooms for games and some people may be removed from games since times and days could change for virtual games. This year's Con won't be the best organized due to all this chaos, but we'll still have something in place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds
Joomla3 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux