Topic-icon Game Registration

More
3 years 5 months ago #380 by SmokestackJones
Replied by SmokestackJones on topic Game Registration

ScketreWhisp wrote: Sorry Mike, all your rambling looks like babble

The Golden Tickets will be $100 per session on Thur night, Fri morning, Fri night, Sat morn, Sat night ... they will be $50 for Thur morning and Sun morning

and ALL games seats for Sun were booked prior to the Con this year... so go back to sleep.

BUT

I still don't know if we will have golden tickets yet... I have to get many emails back from many GM/DMs first as it will require ANY GM/DM running an RPG to allow one additional player into his.her game if the golden ticket is presented. No exceptions, so if all GM/DMs can't agree to do this, then we can't have golden tickets...

Actually, I just solved that problem... all GM/DMs will have to agree to this or they can't run a game next year.... easy problem resolution on the fly.

Then I should probably change my number of players to 4-5, to accomidate any Golden Ticket holders that show up. I really don't want to go past 6.

-SJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #381 by Badmike
Replied by Badmike on topic Game Registration

The Golden Tickets will be $100 per session on Thur night, Fri morning, Fri night, Sat morn, Sat night ... they will be $50 for Thur morning and Sun morning

and ALL games seats for Sun were booked prior to the Con this year... so go back to sleep.

BUT

I still don't know if we will have golden tickets yet... I have to get many emails back from many GM/DMs first as it will require ANY GM/DM running an RPG to allow one additional player into his.her game if the golden ticket is presented. No exceptions, so if all GM/DMs can't agree to do this, then we can't have golden tickets...

Actually, I just solved that problem... all GM/DMs will have to agree to this or they can't run a game next year.... easy problem resolution on the fly.

So a single game costs $100 to get into? We'll sell zero of those. Value for that is crap. Can we throw in a free drink or a meal? Why not just issue a "$600 Get In Any Game Free the Entire Con" Golden Ticket? Now that would be boss. Or someone could just buy up all the Golden Tickets and by virture of that have it.

I take it back...I can see someone spending $100 to get into my B1 game, since it fills up so quickly. If you spend $100 to get into my game, I'll let you have first pick of character, and a magic item, it's the least I can do.....

Mike B.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Badmike.

More
3 years 5 months ago #382 by Badmike
Replied by Badmike on topic Game Registration

SmokestackJones wrote:

BUT

Then I should probably change my number of players to 4-5, to accomidate any Golden Ticket holders that show up. I really don't want to go past 6.

-SJ

Remember Glen there is only ONE Golden Ticket issued for each session, Chances are low anyone will actually see these, but to be sure, I would just have an extra character sheet exactly as if you would anyway....I always seat 8 players but usually seat 10 and have an additional half dozen or so character sheets written up (for the inevitable death, or if someone comes in late).

Mike B.

More
3 years 5 months ago #383 by SmokestackJones
Replied by SmokestackJones on topic Game Registration

Badmike wrote:

SmokestackJones wrote:

BUT

-SJ

Remember Glen there is only ONE Golden Ticket issued for each session, Chances are low anyone will actually see these, but to be sure, I would just have an extra character sheet exactly as if you would anyway....I always seat 8 players but usually seat 10 and have an additional half dozen or so character sheets written up (for the inevitable death, or if someone comes in late).

Mike B.

This is true. Either way, it's good. Give me a chance to add one if I want. Plus I usually have about 12 pregens anyway.

-SJ

• ScketreWhisp
  • ScketreWhisp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
3 years 5 months ago #384 by ScketreWhisp
Replied by ScketreWhisp on topic Game Registration

Badmike wrote: So a single game costs $100 to get into? We'll sell zero of those. Value for that is crap. Can we throw in a free drink or a meal? Why not just issue a "$600 Get In Any Game Free the Entire Con" Golden Ticket? Now that would be boss. Or someone could just buy up all the Golden Tickets and by virture of that have it.

I take it back...I can see someone spending $100 to get into my B1 game, since it fills up so quickly. If you spend $100 to get into my game, I'll let you have first pick of character, and a magic item, it's the least I can do.....

Mike B.

Exactly....

People even said they'd by a ticket that lets them into ANY game... and it would be a $600 ticket (I think they offered $500+) ... but I don't want to offer one ticket that does that since ONLY the guy with $600 can buy it... so now it's $100 per game session... and now that person that;s been trying to get into your B1 game for 8 years can finally get into the game... he/she just buys the Thursday Evening Golden Ticket and shows up at your table. Sure it's an extra $100, but that's a lot cheaper than $600

I don't expect one person to be able to buy them all since I KNOW there are MORE than one willing to buy such a ticket ... so some will try their hand at the $5.00 tickets, some will try and get into the free seats and some will go for the Golden Tickets ... so they can choose their game at the last minute.

• ScketreWhisp
  • ScketreWhisp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
3 years 5 months ago #385 by ScketreWhisp
Replied by ScketreWhisp on topic Game Registration

SmokestackJones wrote: Then I should probably change my number of players to 4-5, to accommodate any Golden Ticket holders that show up. I really don't want to go past 6.

-SJ

Yes, that is the point... all GM/DMs would need to be willing to accept a single walk up to their table from an attendee with the golden ticket for that game session.

Will it be your game they are interested in ? who knows... there is only one ticket and anywhere from 30-40+ games to choose from. I don't think most DM/GMs will have to worry about the issue, but all should be prepared

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds