Topic-icon Game Registration

• ScketreWhisp
  • ScketreWhisp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
3 years 6 months ago #344 by ScketreWhisp
Game Registration was created by ScketreWhisp
We want to change some things with registration and game registration.
But I don't even know if we can have it configured to work on our current site or at another site (since I am looking to move registration to a site where we can print badges, schedules, table banners, and allow phone/calendar syncing etc etc).

I want registration to open at midnight April 1 (no april fools) but 1/2 of ALL seats at ALL tables would be cost $5.00. So no one has to buy these seats, but if someone doesn't want to wait until April 15th, they can spend $5.00 and get in a game. This makes it available to everyone, not just the people with lots of money. The Con costs $65.00, and if you register early at $55.00 you have $10.00 to spend on a seat if you really want to get in that game. But you don't have to. On April 15th, ALL remaining seats (meaning at least 1/2 of all seats plus any that did not get taken at $5.00 in the previous 2 weeks, would be available as they have been for free. Some games might not sell a single seat, others might sell the 1/2 of their seats at $5.00 in a few min... but there would still be seats on April 15th... so 2 chances to get into a game, just one cost $5.00 if you get the seat between April 1 and April 15.

The only additional thing I am thinking of is (for lack of a better name) a "golden ticket" - one per game session... so Thur AM/PM, Fri AM/PM, Sat AM/PM, Sun AM. This would be a ticket that you can buy (only 7 available) that when presented at an RPG table, the DM let's you in the game (it doesn't kick anyone out of a game, but allows you to play in the game).

These would also be relatively inexpensive. Haven't decided on a price, but they would go onsite at the same time as game registration opens, first come first serve ($50-$200) haven't decided on the final price. I am more for $50.00 since more can afford it vs $200. But never more than 1 "golden ticket" per game session so 7 total. It's doesn't add much to the bottom line, but it's another chance at a game... spend your time buying the ticket, or trying to get in the game ...

of course, we could just randomize all game tickets, when you show up at the Con, you get your random game tickets, then you can swap and trade all weekend to get in the games you want :) j/k
The following user(s) said Thank You: stahlnee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #345 by SmokestackJones
Replied by SmokestackJones on topic Game Registration
$5 for games? Con tickets? I'm confused. Will we be payiung for games next year?

-SJ

More
3 years 6 months ago #346 by stahlnee
Replied by stahlnee on topic Game Registration
I think what he is saying is that game registration between April 1st and April 14th will cost $5 per game. Game registration April 15th and later will be free per game. Additionally, only 1/2 of the total number of seats in a game will be available for purchase between April 1st and April 14th.

The badge cost is seperate.

Also, for each session there may be a golden ticket that gets you a seat automatically in any game you want during that session. You show up to the table and the GM makes a seat available for you. No restriction on which game in that session you show up to. There will only be one golden ticket available for a session and they will cost between $50 and $200 each.

More
3 years 6 months ago #347 by SmokestackJones
Replied by SmokestackJones on topic Game Registration

stahlnee wrote: I think what he is saying is that game registration between April 1st and April 14th will cost $5 per game. Game registration April 15th and later will be free per game. Additionally, only 1/2 of the total number of seats in a game will be available for purchase between April 1st and April 14th.

The badge cost is seperate.

Also, for each session there may be a golden ticket that gets you a seat automatically in any game you want during that session. You show up to the table and the GM makes a seat available for you. No restriction on which game in that session you show up to. There will only be one golden ticket available for a session and they will cost between $50 and $200 each.

THAT I understand. Thanks.

-SJ

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #363 by Badmike
Replied by Badmike on topic Game Registration
I like the idea but can see no value in a Sunday "Golden Ticket"....do we actually sell out of any sessions this day? Not enough games to worry about issuing a special "Get In Any Game Free" ticket.

And it shouldn't be per session, but per day....I doubt anyone is going to pay an extra $50 or more to get into ONE game, they might do so if their golden ticket worked the entire day....so I would think of only having three (one each for Thursday, Friday and Sat). Even if they don't use it twice in a day the perceived value is more, which is what is important for someone spending this sort of money.

A Golden Ticket for Thursday, Friday, and/or Saturday would seem to have quite a bit more value and actually be used. The only issue I can see is for a game where a specific number of seats is offered and then filled, and then someone rolls in with a ticket and wants to get in but the DM's scenario does not account for an extra person. I can always fit someone in, but not sure if some DMs have strict limits or if they are the same.

If you wanted the Golden Ticket to be good for more than just one admission to one game, you might make it good for something else, but they you are sliding into VIP ticket territory and might as well just issue a VIP ticket where you could charge $500+ for more benefits, instead of $50 for admission into one game only.

Mike B.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Badmike.

• ScketreWhisp
  • ScketreWhisp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
3 years 5 months ago #378 by ScketreWhisp
Replied by ScketreWhisp on topic Game Registration
Sorry Mike, all your rambling looks like babble

The Golden Tickets will be $100 per session on Thur night, Fri morning, Fri night, Sat morn, Sat night ... they will be $50 for Thur morning and Sun morning

and ALL games seats for Sun were booked prior to the Con this year... so go back to sleep.

BUT

I still don't know if we will have golden tickets yet... I have to get many emails back from many GM/DMs first as it will require ANY GM/DM running an RPG to allow one additional player into his.her game if the golden ticket is presented. No exceptions, so if all GM/DMs can't agree to do this, then we can't have golden tickets...

Actually, I just solved that problem... all GM/DMs will have to agree to this or they can't run a game next year.... easy problem resolution on the fly.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds