Topic-icon Attendance for Non-Maskers

• austinjimm
  • austinjimm's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #1148 by austinjimm
Replied by austinjimm on topic Attendance for Non-Maskers
Irregardless... If I'm require to "mask" to cross the hotel lobby. I will not attend. I'm not asking for opinions from "whoever-the F-you-are." I'm asking Doug and Mike for the facts on the ground.
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by austinjimm.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1149 by Heresy
Replied by Heresy on topic Attendance for Non-Maskers
You do realize that Doug and Mike do not set state laws or hotel rules right? With even a modicum of effort you could have discovered the rules by yourself, but since that does not seem possible:

guides.sll.texas.gov/covid-19/mask-laws#...box-wrapper-28569276
whattoexpect.marriott.com/dfwwa

Granted these are subject to change but, as of now, if you insist on not wearing a mask in public places you will be kicked out and subject to fine/arrest.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1150 by davrion
Replied by davrion on topic Attendance for Non-Maskers
I think the question being asked is if the state rules are permissive to allow people to gather without masks in June, will the Con be at the same level as the state or will they have more restrictive policies in place?

If the state prohibits such gatherings, then that's the answer. But if the state loosens things up by June, that's the root of the question - will the Con match the state or have its own restrictions on top of what the state has. Better to hash this out now than when onsite in June.

I'm in a state (MA) that is more restrictive in general, but I have to decide for me whether or not to attend (spoiler: I'm going!). Me personally? I'd have no issue being at a table with Jimm, even if I wind up wearing a mask. That's me, but YMMV. You have to decide what's best for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLOODMASTER

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1151 by BLOODMASTER
Replied by BLOODMASTER on topic Attendance for Non-Maskers
No one is asking you to NOT wear a mask; if you choose to do so, have a great time; however, if the mandate changes ( which abbot is seriously considering now ) then we, like free Americans should be able to; would like to make a decision on what is best for us.
Although I’m sure we can all agree that government has never been wrong about anything; nor would they or have they done anything to hurt anyone or infringe on their rights. I trust them 100% and will blindly follow them into any camp any time. After all, I’m not smart enough to make my own decision, and everyone’s DEAD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charcon-vaccinated

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #1156 by kgtrudeau
Replied by kgtrudeau on topic Attendance for Non-Maskers
The con just published their guidelines on masks--sounds like majority rules at each table on masking/no-masking. Those who don't want to follow the majority at each table should find another game.

The Marriot, though, still requires masks in public areas, so take that as you will.

• austinjimm
  • austinjimm's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #1157 by austinjimm
Replied by austinjimm on topic Attendance for Non-Maskers
It's looking more & more like a no option scenario for me.

The mask is a psychological attack that I refuse to comply with.

I will not wear one under any circumstance.

Unless I hear differently, good luck with the D&D CON-- and all D&D for that matter.

Sorry I must bow out until saner heads revail.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds
Joomla3 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux