Topic-icon Circus Maximus Chariot Racing

More
2 years 9 months ago #522 by Badbob20
Circus Maximus Chariot Racing was created by Badbob20
Really looking forward to this years race. This is the 3rd year since I added XP and money for Chariots to better themselves in future races, and it seems to have added a little "Ooomph" to the races. Last year was pretty ho-hum for the 2 time Champion Ben Barsh -- not much competition for him even with a full complement of racers in the Final (13) and him representing the Black Faction by himself! There are still some open bounties on racers from last year (these carry over until they are collected on) and I have carryover sheets for 13 different racers. If you are not sure if you are in that group, drop me a line and I will let you know.
REMEMBER: If you have a carryover Chariot, you may use him in a Qualification Race to try and get him to the Finals on Saturday morning -- top 3 racers from each Qualifier (as well as returning Champion) go through to the Final with some XP earned and money to spend on your Chariot. Starting this year, other finishers in a Qualifier (places 4-8) will earn fractional amounts of XP for finishing a Qualifier (though no monetary gain) that will be of help to them in future Qualifiers. So, if you don't Qualify the first time, try, try again! I will have more updates in the coming weeks of things I feel are of interest to racers, or to answer any questions you may have.

Badbob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #567 by Badbob20
Replied by Badbob20 on topic Circus Maximus Chariot Racing
REMEMBER: You have to qualify in a Factional Qualifier to make it to the Finals even if you have a carryover Chariot. Only last years Champion, Ben Barsh, is an auto-qualifier for the Final (going for the 3-peat!!). People with carryover Chariots:
Ben Barsh (Grimlon) Thomas Loose (Octavius III) Mason Antes (Ghoskull)
Charlie Hartensteiner (Victor Equintus Annalis) Brian ? (Boidoc)
Doug Rhea (Praelius Equitus Regulus) Matt Sheffield (Caseum Rex)
John January (Locusius) Edward Hill (Verrucis Magnis) and unnamed drivers
Charlie Rubarth, Andy Rubarth, Gary Oliver and Heather Gardner.

If you do not qualify in one race, you may enter your Chariot in another Factional Qualifier (unless your Chariot is so trashed you want to reroll from scratch). Looking forward to some hard fought Qualifiers and hoping for a repeat of last years 13 Chariot Final with lots of Bounties and blood!!

If you sign up for a Factional Qualifier, drop me an email and I will send you a PDF with pertinent rules. (With this new system, I don't get your emails so I can't send stuff out to you unless I hear from you)

Badbob

More
2 years 7 months ago #580 by Badbob20
With a little over a month before the first Factional Qualifier (Red) is run at the Wednesday Pre-Con Get-It-On, all Qualifiers are pretty much open. Only 1 entrant in the Red Faction Qualifier. Thursday's 9AM White Faction Qualifier has 4 entrants (2012 Champ Jimmy Simpson) while Blue (Thurs 3PM) and Yellow (Fri 9AM) only have 1 apiece (the same person in both!). If a Qualifier does not have at least 4 racers the entrants will automatically go through to the Finals, but they will earn basic XP and NO money to spend on their Chariot. Once you have made it to the Finals, you can no longer race in a Qualifier. If you don't make it to the Final in your first try at Qualifying, you may enter another Qualifier with the same Chariot (and any incremental XP earned) or a new Chariot if needed.

There has been some Palace hearsay that has reached the Emperor's ears that his Champion, Grimlon (Ben Barsh), after his back to back wins, will not be satisfied with just taking the 3-peat but also plans to humiliate the other drivers by destroying their morale and Chariots. Ouch. This kind of smack talk should not go unanswered. So, if you have ever wanted to race Chariots and battle it out with seasoned veterans and beginners alike, or you just despise one of the racers, be sure to sign up for one of the 4 Factional Qualifiers so you can make your name or defile someone elses!

More
2 years 7 months ago #585 by Badbob20
There are only 3 racers signed up for the Wednesday Pre-Con-Get-it-On Qualifier and 4 for Thursday 9am. If there are 3 or less entered in a qualifier, those 3 will automatically advance to the Finals but with a small amount of XP to better their Chariots with and NO money earned (no race, no bets).Wednesday (Red Faction) need one more to make it an official race and Thursday AM (White Faction) is good to go with 4 entrants. Thursday 3pm (Blue Faction) and Friday 9am (Yellow Faction) has 1 Driver entered, who will automatically advance if no other racers show up.
If you signed up for a race with less than the requisite racers needed, show up[ regardless as Qualifiers tend to fill up at race time with stragglers deciding to race at the last minute.
Grab a friend (or enemy?) and bring them by for an exciting 3 laps around the track and possibly becoming the next Circus Maximus Champion!!

If sign ups are off and you would like to race in a Qualifier, email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and let me know which Factional Qualifier you want. Otherwise, show up at the table at race time and hopefully I can get you into the race.

More
2 years 7 months ago #598 by Badbob20
With Team Rhea (Doug, David and Jason Neff) signed up for the Wed Qualifier, only 2 slots remain in this kickoff race of the Circus Maximus Qualifiers. Last year Team Rhea had a plan: Doug would plow into people and the others would place and go to the Finals. Well, 3 of the 4 in their team made it, but their plan soon fell apart. David and Jason both died and Doug came in at a respectable 5th place after paving the way for Ben Barsh's 2nd iwin in a row (he put bounties on other racers and paid off some to boot). We will see if this "strategy" will pan out this year. Remember: If you would like to play bumper cars with Doug, David or Jason ... or, hell -- all 3! ... be sure to grab one of the last 2 spots in WEd race or a spot in another Qualifier so you can see them in the Finals. (I may race in an undermanned Qualifier just to reek some havoc in the Finals!!)

More
2 years 7 months ago #617 by Badbob20
If you have a racer from a past Con (or don't know if you do), stop by the Elm Room and find out! Some racers have money to spend and XP to allocate (if we didn't get to it last year), so drop by and get reacquainted with your Driver and Team.
All that is needed for this game is 3D6 and a Need For Speed (or blood)!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds