Topic-icon Jimm Johnson's event(s) for NTRPG Con 2016

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #115 by austinjimm
Jimm Johnson's event(s) for NTRPG Con 2016 was created by austinjimm
UPDATE:

All my games are now submitted (see details below).

I've requested the following days/times for my events:

Thursday (morning) - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm - OD&D Outdoor Survival
Saturday (morning) - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm - Kid's D&D Quest for the Enchanted Sword
Saturday (evening) - 6:00 pm to 12:00 am - OD&D The Odboxx of Zoforon

Thanks Doug & Mike!
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by austinjimm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #119 by austinjimm
Replied by austinjimm on topic Jimm Johnson's event(s) for NTRPG Con 2016
============

Game Title: The Odboxx of Zoforon

Game System: OD&D White Box / Planet Eris

Number of players: 6

Pregens/Levels: Roll your own / Levels 5-7

World/Setting: Planet Eris

Time Needed: 6 hours

DM: Jimm Johnson

Game Info: After a night of drinking in Slock's Tavern you retire to your room. One by one, as evidenced by the growing ensemble of thunderous snoring, your besotted companions depart to the Land of Nod... ...Only to be yanked back to stark wakefulness by a series of heavy, rapid knocks at the door. Upon answering no one is there, but a small, ornate, golden box sits at the threshold. Inside, the box is lined with plush red fabric and holds a rolled sheet of metallic-gold paper that seems to have some writing etched upon it. Hmmm... "Should we read it?"

The Odboxx of Zoforon is a new Planet Eris adventure scenario written by Lawson "Blood Master" Bennett. Characters will be created at the table. Existing OD&D or Swords & Wizardry characters may also be used, pending DM approval.

============

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #124 by austinjimm
============

Game Title: Quest for the Enchanted Sword

Game System: Kid's D&D

Number of players: 8

Pregens/Levels: no / Level 1

World/Setting: Forest of Bristle

Time Needed: 4 hours

Game Info: The gentle animals of the forest have always been protected by the Faerie Queen and her enchanted sword. Then, one night, not long ago, four goblins crept into the forest. They took the Faerie Queen’s sword and carried it away to their tunnels in the mountain. Now the Faerie Queen has sent out a call for help to all the brave knights, wizards, elves, and dwarves of the land.

This game is for children ages 5 to 10 years (and parents). In this game the core mechanics of classic D&D are reduced to only the most basic elements necessary for play. This effectively simplifies the game so that players as young as 5 years can easily grasp the basic concepts. Parents are encouraged to play as well and learn the concepts.

============

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #125 by austinjimm
============

Game Title: Outdoor Survival

Game System : OD&D WhiteBox/Outdoor Survival

Number of players : 10

Pregens/Level of characters : Classic pregens available or roll your own / Levels 5-8

World/Setting : Planet Eris

Time Needed: 6 hours

Game Info: This game is for anyone who ever wondered about wilderness adventuring according to the original 1974 D&D rules. Navigate the OUTDOOR SURVIVAL map, gain wealth and treasure, avoid being killed by men and monsters, or dying by thirst and starvation. Recruit an army to push back the humanoid hordes, or challenge a local lord to a joust. But be careful approaching a wizard's castle-- he might compel you to perform a dangerous quest for him!

Your party consists of Elric of Melnibone, Gandalf the Grey, Thundarr the Barbarian, John Carter, Friar Tuck, and Sinbad... oh, yeah, and Willow the Peck (i.e. halfling). The DM will provide a slate of classic pregen characters lifted from history, myth, fiction and popular culture. Or, if you prefer, new characters may be created at the table. Existing OD&D or Swords & Wizardy characters may also be used, pending DM approval.

============

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #132 by austinjimm
Is there any chance my Thursday OUTDOOR SURVIVAL could be moved to CLEAR FORK (the K&KA social room)?

That way I can just load everything in there when I arrive and I'll be set for the whole day.

THANKS! :)

EDIT: Also noticed that, while my stuff is all in the right slots on the grid, on the CON / GAME REGISTRATION page the Kid's D&D game is listed under Thursday morning and should be Saturday morning.

More
3 years 10 months ago #133 by ScketreWhisp
Replied by ScketreWhisp on topic Jimm Johnson's event(s) for NTRPG Con 2016
I moved it o the same room

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds